1. Wash hands and apply gloves.
2. Turn water on to comfortable temperature setting..
3. Assist patient inot shower or tub.
4. Apply one pump of Gentle Rain® Extra Mild to a warm, moist washcloth
5. Cleanse and rinse skin, starting with the face and neck.
6. Thoroughly cleanse all skin folds and creases.
7. Moisten hair and apply Gentle Rain® Extra Mild.
8. Lather and rinse thoroughly.
9. Assist patient from shower. Towel dry body and hair. Comb hair.
10. Remove gloves and wash hands. Apply new gloves.
11. Apply a moisturizer, such as Sween® Lotion, Sween Cream® or Atrac-Tain® Cream, to the arms, legs, feet and back.
12. Dispose of gloves and linens as per policy.
13. Document procedures and report any changes in the patient's skin condition.